The theatre in Łańcut is the only palace theatre in Poland preserved to this day. It was designed by Józef Henny and built in 1792 for Princess Izabella Lubomirska. The theatre was redesigned in the neoclassical style by Christian Piotr Aigner from 1800 to 1802. The auditorium has a cupola supported by eight Corinthian columns.
At the order of Count Roman Potocki it was restored by the famous Viennese architects Fellner & Helmer in 1910. From this period the theater has kept the original design and technical equipment. From 1994 to 1995 the museum carried out a complete restoration of the theatre as part of the programme Support to conserve the European Architectural Heritage 1994.
Muzeum – Zamek w Łańcucie
ul. Zamkowa 1
Visits: during the Castle Museum opening hours